We have combined information from the following publications in producing this web site.
We have supplemented this with data from personal observations, both ours and those of
other observers. Many observations were logged from the Nature Nova Scotia mailing list.
- Brock, James P. and Kenn Kaufmann. 2003. Butterflies of North America.
New York: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Ferguson, D.C. 1955. The Lepidoptera of Nova Scotia. Part I:
Macrolepidoptera. Nova Scotia Museum of Science Bulletin No. 2
Hall, Peter W. 2009. Sentinels on the Wing. The Status and Conservation of Butterflies
in Canada. Ottawa: NatureServe Canada.
- Layberry, Ross A., and P.W. Hall, J. D. Lafontaine. 1998. The
Butterflies of Canada. Toronto: The University of Toronto Press.
- Opler, P.A., and V. Malikul. 1992. A Field Guide to Eastern
Butterflies. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co.
- Roland, A.E. 1998. Roland's Flora of Nova Scotia, 3rd. ed.
Halifax: Nimbus Publishing
- Thomas, J.A. 1989. The Hamlyn Guide to Butterflies of the
British Isles. London: The Hamlyn Publishing Group, Ltd.
Corrections and additional information would be welcome.